Friday, September 19, 2014

Gogo No Koucha(午後の紅茶) Straight Tea

Gogo No Koucha, which literally means "Tea in the Afternoon", is a line of tea drinks sold by KIRIN in Japan, mainland China, and Taiwan.
The "Straight Tea(ストレートティー)" is one of their main products in their lineup and has been sold in Japan since 1984, the year Gogo No Koucha was first introduced into the market.

Ingredients & Taste
Gogo No Koucha Straight Tea uses 100% Ceylon tea leaves from the Dimbula region in Sri Lanka. It also contains a hefty amount of sugar so it's quite sweet. KIRIN claims that the Dimbula tea has a rose-like flavor, and I must admit, the product actually does have flowery and rose-like taste.
Overall, it's a well-made drink, and the flowery taste goes well with the sweetness from the sugars. For those who don't like sweetened tea, there is also Gogo No Koucha Oishi Mutou, which is unsweetened.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could easily buy this (my favorite) tea in Fort Worth. I can't get enough of it when in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ジョーイ・エドワーズ,
    Glad to see I have a companion. I've been looking for this product in Indonesia but no to avail. I regretted I didn't bring it home.

    ReplyDelete